- Forthcoming. “Legacies of Racialized Torture: Viet Thanh Nguyen’s The Sympathizer & the War on Terror.” College Literature.
- Dec., 2018. “A (Head) Case for a Mad Humanities: Sula’s Shadrack and Black Madness.” Disability Studies Quarterly.
- 2016. Review of Unsettled: Cambodian Refugees in the NYC Hyperghetto, by Eric Tang, and From the Land of Shadows: War, Revolution and the Making of the Cambodian Diaspora, by Khatharya Um, MELUS.
- 14 Dec. 2018. “The Good Place’s Chidi Gives Me Stomachaches, Too (But Not Always from Laughing).” Medium.
- Winter 2017. “Dismissing False Narratives of School Shootings.” The Young Lawyer.
Areas of Research & Teaching Interest
- 20th- and 21st-century multi-ethnic American literature
- Affect studies
- American studies
- Children’s & YA literature & studies
- Comparative ethnic studies
- Critical refugee studies
- Digital humanities
- Disability studies
- First-year writing
- Human rights
- Mad studies
- Memory & trauma studies